Facebook is very popular and that makes it a prime target for hackers. Here are some steps to take to ensure better security for your Facebook account.
How to configure the security settings in Facebook
- Sign on to your Facebook account.
- Click the “Account” link located in the upper right corner.
- In the drop-down menu, select “Account Settings”.
- Click the “Settings” tab.
- Find the entry “Account Security” and select it.
- The information shown in the figure below will appear.
- Put a check in the box under Secure Browsing (https). Among other things, this will make wireless connections safer against exploits like “Firesheep”.
- Put a check in the box under When a new computer or mobile device logs into this account. You will then be notified by email if someone else logs in.
- Inspect Most Recent Activity for unauthorized use of your account. Information about the IP, browser, and operating system of the last access to your account may be given.
Get your own favorite tip published! Know a neat tech tip or trick? Then why not have it published here and receive full credit? Click here to tell us your tip.