A free very powerful solution for pdf file management
Pros & Cons:
Foxit PDF is not in essence a PDF printer only, but a PDF file management program; you can create, read, edit, convert and print from and to pdf with it. It has some handy features like PCL optimization for improving printing speed. The installer size file is 66.2 MB.
Foxit PDF features include:
- Create PDF files from scanned document.
- Web browser-style plugins.
- Form filling and PDF annotation.
- Safe Reading mode.
- Create and Insert Stamps.
New Features and Enhancements in Foxit Reader 9.6:
- PDF index searching
- Search PDF index using Advanced Search, which can greatly speed up searches in PDF files.
- More seamless integration with ECM
- Add an option that allows you to create PDFs from files in SharePoint, Google Drive, and OneDrive.
- Enhanced integration with Alfresco helps users better manage and share PDF documents.
- Enable you to add Numbered lists to paragraphs when using Typewriter/Callout/Textbox features.
- Enhancements in digital signatures
- Support Long Term Validation (LTV) for digital signatures in PDF, which is useful to ensure the document can be validated at any time in the future.
- Allow you to create a digital signature in compliance with PAdES standard.
- Place digital signatures on multiple files.
- Offer improvements in setting a scale ratio and calibrating the measurements in the document.
- Get annotation properties through JS.
- Add an option to scan a paper document to multiple PDF files directly.
- Provide a new-style user interface during the installation of the EXE package.
- Some other user-friendly enhancements.
Read Foxit's new version changeload here: https://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf-reader/version-history.html
You can visit the forum to ask for assistance when, if needed https://forums.foxitsoftware.com/forum/portable-document-format-pdf-tools/foxit-reader
Also, their blog has a lot of articles with good information https://www.foxitsoftware.com/blog/
Foxit PDF was reviewed by Gizmos Freeware on based on version 10.0.1.35811.