Download Managers are plenty around the web, but a Universal Download Manager is rare. EagleGet conveniently falls into the second category. It helps you capture and download any file on the web, and also 'sniffs' streaming media playing on your browser and downloads them. The software supports a wide range of protocols from HTTP, HTTPs, FTP, MMS, RTSP and so on.
Now the question is why do you want to use a download manager or specifically what makes EagleGet so special compared to other download managers available out there?
- Imagine those situations were you lose your internet connection or your system crashes; it will be difficult to continue those downloads that you were transferring. The multithreaded technology in EagleGet will save you time and your nerves while downloading files helping you to Pause and Resume any broken downloads.
- The same Multithreading technology will increase your download speed greatly, by splitting these files into smaller parts and downloading them simultaneously.
- EagleGet Integrates into popular browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Opera and IE. Not only that, what makes EagleGet so special is its Universal Capture mode, the clipboard monitoring will work on almost all browsers, which means any downloads get transferred to EagleGet no matter what browser you're using.
- The Media Sniffer feature is another delight: you can download streaming audio and video from any website you want, in the easiest way possible, and a "Download Now" button will be available while playing. It also provides options for quality of the video to be downloaded, if available.
- The Batch Downloader feature lets you download multiple URLs and thus, a whole range of files in an instant.
Moreover, EagleGet is the only freeware download manager that supports Automatic Refreshing of an expired download link ie it lets you resume any broken downloads. The installer scores 0/45 at VirusTotal, contains no adware and the interface is extremely appealing. The downloads are Categorized into different folders for ease of access. With the Drag and Drop feature you can re-arrange the priority of downloads. The Scheduler feature helps you take care of your downloads even when you're not physically present in front of your PC. Also, you can verify the integrity of all files that have been downloaded.
Here you can find the whole list of Features available in EagleGet. Overall, EagleGet is a reliable software that easily manages all your downloads. It has a wide array of features that puts any other similar software to shame, aptly deserving the term Eagle, because when you're on the web, EagleGet is pretty sharp in capturing any download available.
Version: 220.127.116.11 (as of 13Sep)
Please rate this article: