Over time unnecessary files accumulate, which can be removed with a disk cleaner.
Very effective in freeing up disk space by removing unused and temporary files, cookies, history, cache files and more.
Platforms/Download: [field_blackberry_download] | Mac OS | Windows (Desktop) |
Version reviewed: n/a
|Our Rating: 5/5
- Empty Temp Folders is a good companion to CCleaner . It's not as complete a product as CCleaner and it's been a while since it was last updated, but I find that it always manages to clean more temporary files than CCleaner. That's why I suggest you use both.
- Steven Gould's CleanUP! is another cleaner with a solid following. It's compact, well designed and very well maintained and is a real alternative to CCleaner. In use I've had a couple instances which caused problems on my test PC, but this may have been specific to my setup. Certainly the feedback I get from users has been uniformly excellent.
- PC Decrapifier is in a related category. Its job is to remove unwanted trial versions of programs and services that come preinstalled on new PCs. You can remove all this stuff manually, but PC Decrapifier does this automatically. It can't remove every bit of junk from every computer, but the list of products it will remove is quite impressive.
Related Products and Links
You might want to check out these articles too:
- Best Free PC Tune-Up Utility
- Best Free Browser Scrubber
- Best Free Duplicate File Finder
- Best Free Disk De-fragmenter
- Best Free Registry Cleaner
- Best Free Startup Manager
- Best Free Program Uninstaller
- Tune Up Utilities Kit
This software category is in need of an editor. If you would like to give something back to the freeware community by taking it over, check out this page for more details. You can then contact us from that page or by clicking here
Please rate this article: