View Single Post
Old 22. Sep 2019, 03:25 AM   #24 (permalink)
satrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam View Post
Please post your login procedure step by step.

Which browser do you use? Which extensions do you use? Which antivirus do you have, or any other security software?

Since this is only happening with you, there is something definitely wrong with your setup at your end.
I also have this problem, have done for years. Sometimes it's been less of an issue, login stays 'live' for hours, recently it's back to kicking me from the forum in less than an hour, even though I remain logged in at the main site.

Pale Moon (x86 currently, though I see no difference with x64) on W7 Pro, user agent default - Firefox 60.9 (again, currently, as it incrementally increases to match the approx. FF version).
Cookies accepted from 3rd party if visited.
Tell sites I don't want to be tracked: enabled (currently, has varied, will test again).

Extensions:
Malware Search 0.9.4.1-signed.1-signed true {27c60876-b5c9-4335-b4f3-52b26782220c}
Pale Moon Commander 3.0.1 true commander@palemoon.org
uBlock Origin 1.16.4.11 true uBlock0@raymondhill.net
uBlock Origin Updater 1.6.6 true ublock0-updater@Off.JustOff
ηMatrix 3.1.0 true eMatrix@vannilla.org
(uBlock/ηMatrix both disabled here).

Plugins:
Google Update
File: npGoogleUpdate3.dll
Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\1.3.34.13\npGoogleUpdate3.dll
Version: 1.3.34.13
State: Enabled
Google Update

Silverlight Plug-In
File: npctrl.dll
Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Silverlight\5.1.50918.0\npctrl.dll
Version: 5.1.50918.0

Google Earth Plugin
File: npgeplugin.dll
Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Google Earth\plugin\npgeplugin.dll
Version: 7.1.5.1557
GEPlugin

Adobe Flash
File: NPSWF32_32_0_0_255.dll
Path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32_32_0_0_ 255.dll
Version: 32.0.0.255
State: Disabled
Shockwave Flash 32.0 r0

Antivirus:
none.

Malwarebytes Windows Firewall Control ~ last two days only, so irrelevant.

Browser sessions might be anywhere from ~3 days to 40+.

I suspect it might be the UTM on vBulletin triggering the 'logout', as PM's fingerprint will change with time/visit. I don't think Eldon uses PM here though, so there may be multiple triggers.

Login procedure:
Click existing pinned tab, click New Posts, get bounced to the login page, login, bounced to the "Sorry, unrecognized username or password", click Login.

If instead I click the main header to visit the Home page from the pinned tab, I'm logged in (to Drupal?), can make Replies to Comments, etc. but on going to the Forum, I need to relog.

Cookie specifics:
Would upload an attachment but "Your file of 278.6 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 97.7 KB for this filetype."!
satrow is offline   Reply With Quote