Gizmos Freeware Reviews  

Go Back   Gizmo's Freeware Forum > Freeware Forum > Linux

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19. May 2017, 02:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
danielson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,145
Default Would like to upgrade LM Cinnamon 18.1 to 18.2

Suppose i could have posted at LM forums but people here are pretty good at this i'm sure!

Have installed LM Cinnamon 18.1 on SSD dual bootin' with Windows 7 and would like to upgrade with 18.2 test version. Have settings set a "dangerous" but still no 18.2 in sight.
danielson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19. May 2017, 03:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Site Manager
 
MidnightCowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South American Banana Republic, third bunch from the left
Posts: 15,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielson View Post
Suppose i could have posted at LM forums but people here are pretty good at this i'm sure!

Have installed LM Cinnamon 18.1 on SSD dual bootin' with Windows 7 and would like to upgrade with 18.2 test version. Have settings set a "dangerous" but still no 18.2 in sight.
Just a guess but if this is a test version no upgrade path is available so the only option would be a clean install.
__________________
Buy a Hoover and prove technology sucks.
MidnightCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19. May 2017, 03:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
danielson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,145
Default

Clem talks about the possibility of finding PPA for recent Cinnamon 3.4 and that we would get it via regular upgrade.

Don't mind trying via that PPA, just don't know where to look or how to get it installed.

Perhaps being patient a little more and wait for 18.2 and do fresh install would be best.
danielson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19. May 2017, 04:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Site Manager
 
MidnightCowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South American Banana Republic, third bunch from the left
Posts: 15,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielson View Post

Perhaps being patient a little more and wait for 18.2 and do fresh install would be best.
I agree. A fresh install is always preferable to an upgrade. Potential issues don't always affect everyone but IMO there is enough risk involved to avoid it and a clean install of Linux takes a fraction of the time same would do for Windows.
__________________
Buy a Hoover and prove technology sucks.
MidnightCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20. May 2017, 01:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Perth, AU
Posts: 192
Default

LM version 18.2 would still be about 4 - 6 weeks away, at best.
ie: it's not even in Testing - as yet.

- keep an eye on their testing dir via their ftp site.
Pierre2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20. May 2017, 01:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
danielson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,145
Default

Thanks for the heads-up Pierre.
Will seem like years!
danielson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.