Gizmos Freeware Reviews  

Go Back   Gizmo's Freeware Forum > Debating Chamber > Internet, Web Apps and Networking

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22. Apr 2011, 07:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
garth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Here.
Posts: 1,522
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
With my usual impatience gave up and went back to Firefox.
I've tried a number of different browsers recently and i always end up back with Firefox as my default. Of them all, Epic Browser was far and away the most interesting variant of an established browser, but it trails behind the others in terms of development. I think part of why i always like FF the most is because it doesn't assume anything. What i mean by this is, for example, Chrome assumes i have no regard for privacy, while Iron assumes i want apps, which i don't. IE (historically) assumes i want to surf at a snails pace, although i know from what i've read IE9 is a different animal. Having said all that, the default privacy configuration of FF does assume i want to build up a vast store of cookies, browsing history and whatnot. Anyhow, since i now know it exists i guess i'll have to have a look at BlackHawk
__________________
Heavy Metal + Lego = . That is all. ^.^
garth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22. Apr 2011, 09:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
Site Manager
 
MidnightCowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South American Banana Republic, third bunch from the left
Posts: 15,179
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garth View Post
. Anyhow, since i now know it exists i guess i'll have to have a look at BlackHawk
So, after such an exciting holiday experience, will BlackHawk be "up" or "down" for garth? We can hardly wait
__________________
Buy a Hoover and prove technology sucks.
MidnightCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22. Apr 2011, 09:38 PM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
garth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Here.
Posts: 1,522
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightCowboy View Post
So, after such an exciting holiday experience, will BlackHawk be "up" or "down" for garth? We can hardly wait
Fear not MC, i'll let you know in due course. Btw, how are things coming along with the Offer Of A Lifetime?
__________________
Heavy Metal + Lego = . That is all. ^.^
garth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22. Apr 2011, 11:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
jim
Editor
 
jim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: near Ashford Kent England
Posts: 466
Default

Thanks guys. Installed Adblock plus now with no problems. Still can't see how to start a search bar though and if I export my bookmarks etc. as HTML file it still doesn't tell me in Blackhawk how to install them. Just gives me the option to import from IE or Google toolbar.
jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22. Apr 2011, 11:46 PM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
deya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 1,471
Default

I apologise in advance for this, because I've been to a party and had more than a few beers tonight so I'll keep it brief - but I was waiting for the BlackHawk Down comment to appear in this thread, and there it is.

No amount of smiley faces or lol's can convey how much I laughed when I read it. Brilliant. I love reading the stuff on this forum
deya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23. Apr 2011, 12:31 AM   #16 (permalink)
Maestro di Search
 
Jojo Yee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garth View Post
I've tried a number of different browsers recently and i always end up back with Firefox as my default... IE (historically) assumes i want to surf at a snails pace, although i know from what i've read IE9 is a different animal. Having said all that...
Couldn't agree more. IE9 assumes I want a toolbar so WOT can sit on it , but can't it allow an addon icon to share the same row with the address bar like FF does?
Jojo Yee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23. Apr 2011, 01:48 AM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
garth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Here.
Posts: 1,522
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deya View Post
I apologise in advance for this, because I've been to a party and had more than a few beers tonight so I'll keep it brief - but I was waiting for the BlackHawk Down comment to appear in this thread, and there it is.

No amount of smiley faces or lol's can convey how much I laughed when I read it. Brilliant. I love reading the stuff on this forum
As it happens i completely overlooked the pun. Must have gotten through the MC pun pain barrier and am now immune
__________________
Heavy Metal + Lego = . That is all. ^.^
garth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23. Apr 2011, 11:15 AM   #18 (permalink)
Site Manager
 
MidnightCowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South American Banana Republic, third bunch from the left
Posts: 15,179
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garth View Post
Fear not MC, i'll let you know in due course. Btw, how are things coming along with the Offer Of A Lifetime?
Over a week ago now the vendor said they were preparing the offer landing page. Easter has now intervened though so I'm not expecting to hear anything more until perhaps later this week
__________________
Buy a Hoover and prove technology sucks.
MidnightCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23. Apr 2011, 11:19 AM   #19 (permalink)
Site Manager
 
MidnightCowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South American Banana Republic, third bunch from the left
Posts: 15,179
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
Thanks guys. Installed Adblock plus now with no problems. Still can't see how to start a search bar though and if I export my bookmarks etc. as HTML file it still doesn't tell me in Blackhawk how to install them. Just gives me the option to import from IE or Google toolbar.
Tools - Bookmark manager - Organize - Import Bookmarks - browse to file
__________________
Buy a Hoover and prove technology sucks.
MidnightCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23. Apr 2011, 08:18 PM   #20 (permalink)
jim
Editor
 
jim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: near Ashford Kent England
Posts: 466
Default

Thanks MC. Got it. (You knew I was thick anyway). Just need to know how to have a search bar now.

Edit: Got it. You just type in the address bar and your default search engine brings up the results.

Last edited by jim; 23. Apr 2011 at 08:23 PM.
jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.