Gizmo's Freeware Forum

Gizmo's Freeware Forum (https://www.techsupportalert.com/freeware-forum/)
-   Internet, Web Apps and Networking (https://www.techsupportalert.com/freeware-forum/internet-web-apps-and-networking/)
-   -   Mozilla 4.0b1? (https://www.techsupportalert.com/freeware-forum/internet-web-apps-and-networking/4587-mozilla-4-0b1.html)

tushR 07. Jul 2010 01:07 AM

Mozilla 4.0b1?
 
Anybody tried Mozilla 4 (beta)? Please share your experiences.
Download Page: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-beta.html
-----
It's a beta, only to be used for testing / fun..risks involved.

MidnightCowboy 07. Jul 2010 12:08 PM

Had a quick look and quite liked the new layout although I guess it won't suit a lot of the diehard Firefox loyalists. As WOT and a lot of other stuff don't yet work with this release I've left it there for now.

Jojo Yee 07. Jul 2010 03:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
FF4 looks nice to me. I prefer the tabs on top option as it looks similar to Chrome. The WOT extension is working fine for me, though there're others still not compatible yet.

Anupam 07. Jul 2010 05:30 PM

I was secretly praying that Firefox do not go the way of looking like Chrome, but its going to happen. First Opera did it, and now Firefox. I like Firefox the way it is presently, and I don't know if I will like the new look of Firefox or not. I was hoping that Firefox would stay original, and not copy the design of Chrome, like Opera did. But well, its happening everywhere... one thing works and others start following it too.

I liked tabs on Firefox, because how many you open, the tabs would still show nicely. But, in Chrome based browsers, you open a lot of tabs, and you can't see which tab is what. I really hope that does not happen with the new design of Firefox. Atleast its good that they have kept the option of Menu to show. If we don't like the new look, we can always change it.

One another thing going to change is the add-on manager. It will be revamped, and if I have read correctly, installing or uninstalling extensions won't require a restart of browser anymore. That will be a really good thing, which Firefox users always wanted. That will be the thing I will be looking forward to. Lets see what other features they come up with. I just wish it continues to be my browser of choice.

MidnightCowboy 07. Jul 2010 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jojoyee (Post 31784)
FF4 looks nice to me. I prefer the tabs on top option as it looks similar to Chrome. The WOT extension is working fine for me, though there're others still not compatible yet.

Thanks for the news about WOT. It was the end of last week when I looked at this and got the "not compatible with this version" message so it must be a recent development.

tushR 07. Jul 2010 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidnightCowboy (Post 31779)
Had a quick look and quite liked the new layout although I guess it won't suit a lot of the diehard Firefox loyalists. As WOT and a lot of other stuff don't yet work with this release I've left it there for now.

I tried WOT, NoScript, AdBlock Plus - works fine for me.

J_L 08. Jul 2010 02:18 AM

I hope my custom theme and all of the other extensions will update in time..

Personally I'm going to stay with 3.6x for now.

Jojo Yee 08. Jul 2010 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anupam (Post 31785)
I was secretly praying that Firefox do not go the way of looking like Chrome, but its going to happen. First Opera did it, and now Firefox. I like Firefox the way it is presently, and I don't know if I will like the new look of Firefox or not...

Though the default setting is for the tabs on top, but in FF4, you have an option to set the tabs below the address bar.

FF has a better presentation of tabs, it has a minimum width for each tab and not like Chrome which squeezes tab widths when too many opened.

For all browsers, I prefer they will not take up more than 3 lines at the top, less is better.

For Chrome, I have these 3 lines on top: tabs line, address bar and bookmark bar.

For FF4, the default is also 3 lines on top: Title bar, tabs line and address bar. But if I set the bookmark bar to show up, it then has 4 lines. :(

tushR 08. Jul 2010 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jojoyee (Post 31803)

For FF4, the default is also 3 lines on top: Title bar, tabs line and address bar. But if I set the bookmark bar to show up, it then has 4 lines. :(

Also when you try full screen, the title bar with Orange strip till remains - :mad:, provided feedback to Mozilla :).

Jojo Yee 08. Jul 2010 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tushR (Post 31805)
Also when you try full screen, the title bar with Orange strip till remains - :mad:, provided feedback to Mozilla :).

It should provide an option for hiding the title bar, once the title bar is hidden, the windows control buttons (min/max/close) can move to the same line as the tab bar.

With this option on, more users are happier. :D


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.