Gizmo's Freeware Forum

Gizmo's Freeware Forum (https://www.techsupportalert.com/freeware-forum/)
-   I Want a Freeware Program that ... (https://www.techsupportalert.com/freeware-forum/i-want-freeware-program-that/)
-   -   ISO Editor with no limit (https://www.techsupportalert.com/freeware-forum/i-want-freeware-program-that/16764-iso-editor-with-no-limit.html)

West Swan 01. May 2017 02:49 AM

ISO Editor with no limit
 
Hello,

I am looking for a freeware program to edit ISO files.

What I mean is to take an ISO file and either remove file or add files to it.

There are commercial programs that do this (I don't think I'm allowed to mention any names) and one of these offers a free option but is limited to 300Mb.

Finding a free program to do this can't be Magic :)

Can anyone help?

Regards,

Paul

MidnightCowboy 01. May 2017 02:18 PM

I only know of a Linux version. All the free Windows programs I'm aware of have some sort of 'catch' that makes them virtually useless. Maybe others have greater knowledge. :)

Jojo Yee 01. May 2017 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by West Swan (Post 121102)
Finding a free program to do this can't be Magic :)

Can anyone help?

Unfortunately most capable ISO editors for Windows are either features limited or not free, but there are other ways to do it. For example, see this article: http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-ad...so-in-windows/

West Swan 02. May 2017 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidnightCowboy (Post 121107)
I only know of a Linux version. All the free Windows programs I'm aware of have some sort of 'catch' that makes them virtually useless. Maybe others have greater knowledge. :)

Thanks Midnight Cowboy.

Could you tell me the name of the linux program please and if it comes with a GUI or not?

West Swan 02. May 2017 01:02 AM

Thanks Jojo Yee,

I have both these programs already so will check it out.

Cheers,

Paul

Jojo Yee 02. May 2017 02:50 AM

You're welcome Paul. For Linux, maybe you can try ISO Master http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/iso-master.htm

MidnightCowboy 02. May 2017 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by West Swan (Post 121111)
Thanks Midnight Cowboy.

Could you tell me the name of the linux program please and if it comes with a GUI or not?

Yes, it's the same program referenced by Jojo.

http://littlesvr.ca/isomaster/

West Swan 03. May 2017 01:54 PM

But why is it so hard
 
Just wondering why it is so hard for someone to code a simple iso editing program for Wndows?

If it was easy then surely someone would have developed one right.

Unless I am missing something.

PS I edited the iso in Ubuntu and then did further work using another free program called wintoolkit to add updates to a W8 iso. Saved myself hours of Downloads following a clean install.

Cool :-)

MidnightCowboy 03. May 2017 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by West Swan (Post 121118)
Just wondering why it is so hard for someone to code a simple iso editing program for Wndows?

If it was easy then surely someone would have developed one right.

Unless I am missing something.

I guess the devs note on the ISO Master site gives a clue.

"What happened to the Windows version? I’ve removed it from the site, most likely permanently. Sorry, it was costing me too much bandwidth and I was making too little money from it".

Burn-IT 03. May 2017 02:28 PM

Mainly because
a) CD distribuion is not common enough
b) it is just as easy to extract and rebuild a CD
c) CDs (the media) don't lend themselves to being updated.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.