Gizmo's Freeware Forum

Gizmo's Freeware Forum (https://www.techsupportalert.com/freeware-forum/)
-   I Want a Freeware Program that ... (https://www.techsupportalert.com/freeware-forum/i-want-freeware-program-that/)
-   -   battery alert / laptop power supply is unplugged (https://www.techsupportalert.com/freeware-forum/i-want-freeware-program-that/13171-battery-alert-laptop-power-supply-is-unplugged.html)

inGearX 16. Feb 2014 04:12 AM

battery alert / laptop power supply is unplugged
 
I would love software that could alert me if laptop power supply is unplugged :)

as this sometimes happens and I am not aware :/

what do you think?

thank you ..

J_L 16. Feb 2014 04:21 AM

No need for that, there is a battery icon on your system try by default. It changes when plugged or unplugged (image outlines plugged icon).

mr6n8 16. Feb 2014 10:41 AM

I had an issue with this and the battery icon was not noticeable enough for me.

I found this freeware Battery Deley that gives a bit more notice and it has helped me. It gives notice when unplugged and also at various power levels.
http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topi...battery-alert/

It is customizable, but I have not figured out how to do that. It does give me the notice I want when my power supply becomes slightly unplugged and not providing power.

I just reran the zip at VirusTotal and it comes up 0/50
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/5...is/1392543567/

sicknero 16. Feb 2014 03:17 PM

If you go to "Customise" in your systray and set the power icon to "Only show notifications", won't it pop up a balloon message when the power is connected/disconnected?

I cn't check that myself right now as I have no battery in my laptop : )

mr6n8 16. Feb 2014 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sicknero (Post 97825)
If you go to "Customise" in your systray and set the power icon to "Only show notifications", won't it pop up a balloon message when the power is connected/disconnected?

I cn't check that myself right now as I have no battery in my laptop : )

I just tried that in Windows 7 and it did not pop up a balloon message for me. All that came up was the icon, which was in the hidden area, only visible when I clicked on the arrow.

Burn-IT 17. Feb 2014 12:48 PM

My Thinkpad beeps when the power is disconnected as well as the icon.

inGearX 17. Feb 2014 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr6n8 (Post 97821)
I had an issue with this and the battery icon was not noticeable enough for me.

I found this freeware Battery Deley that gives a bit more notice and it has helped me. It gives notice when unplugged and also at various power levels.
http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topi...battery-alert/

It is customizable, but I have not figured out how to do that. It does give me the notice I want when my power supply becomes slightly unplugged and not providing power.

I just reran the zip at VirusTotal and it comes up 0/50
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/5...is/1392543567/

works like a charm

thank you!!

jms319 27. Feb 2014 06:16 PM

Hi,

Maybe you also can use Power Meter Plus. While your laptop battery is getting emptier, the meter becomes more visible to alert you. That means, the meter is not visible when the battery is 100%. It also can warn you when you switch from mains to battery or from battery to mains. I've used this on my laptops and it works very nice. You can download the tool from:http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/...ter-Plus.shtml

Best regards,

jms319

mr6n8 27. Feb 2014 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jms319 (Post 98197)
Hi,

Maybe you also can use Power Meter Plus. While your laptop battery is getting emptier, the meter becomes more visible to alert you. That means, the meter is not visible when the battery is 100%. It also can warn you when you switch from mains to battery or from battery to mains. I've used this on my laptops and it works very nice. You can download the tool from:http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/...ter-Plus.shtml

Best regards,

jms319

Thanks. I like this one. My primary need is a notice when I accidentally loosen the power connection and this is an excellent option. It flashes a good sized notice right in the middle of the screen. I also think the options on this one are easier to work with.

I have switched from the product I suggested above to this product.

Thanks again.

Steve

jms319 07. Mar 2014 09:54 AM

Hi Steve,

You're welcome. Glad I could give you a good suggestion.

jms319


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.