Gizmos Freeware Reviews  

Go Back   Gizmo's Freeware Forum > Freeware Forum > General Computer Support

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15. Dec 2011, 01:19 AM   #21 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 1,741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remah View Post
If is male then you need a DB-9F:
"9-9F25F Serial / Parallel Adapter - DB9 Female to DB25 Female"
http://www.computercablestore.com/Se..._D_PID911.aspx

If it is female then you need a DB-9M:
"AD-09M25F Serial / Parallel Adapter - DB9 Male to DB25 Female"
http://www.computercablestore.com/Se..._PID50025.aspx
That wasn't the picture of the laptop connector but it doesn't matter if it has "9 prongs" because that means it is a male connector. You need a female connector on the adapter so you would get
"9-9F25F Serial / Parallel Adapter - DB9 Female to DB25 Female"
http://www.computercablestore.com/Se..._D_PID911.aspx

[Added] When you get the adapter, you will plug the small end into your computer and the printer cable into the large end.
__________________
Better to light a candle ... than to curse the darkness.

Last edited by Remah; 15. Dec 2011 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Added last instruction
Remah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15. Dec 2011, 03:21 AM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remah View Post
That wasn't the picture of the laptop connector but it doesn't matter if it has "9 prongs" because that means it is a male connector. You need a female connector on the adapter so you would get
"9-9F25F Serial / Parallel Adapter - DB9 Female to DB25 Female"
http://www.computercablestore.com/Se..._D_PID911.aspx

[Added] When you get the adapter, you will plug the small end into your computer and the printer cable into the large end.

Is that it? Throw in cart and Im good to go?
genacide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15. Dec 2011, 04:41 AM   #23 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
4goTTen21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Rafael, Argentina
Posts: 400
Default

^^ genacide you look confused. Look just take the old cable or a photo of it, take it to a computer shop, and if the techy doesn't have a face like this then buy what he may suggest you. After all, if it does not work you can return it
__________________
You call destiny to the future you can't control.
4goTTen21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15. Dec 2011, 05:12 AM   #24 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 1,741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by genacide View Post
Is that it? Throw in cart and Im good to go?
Yes. As you say your laptop connector has prongs then order:
"9-9F25F Serial / Parallel Adapter - DB9 Female to DB25 Female"
http://www.computercablestore.com/Se..._D_PID911.aspx
__________________
Better to light a candle ... than to curse the darkness.
Remah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15. Dec 2011, 06:41 AM   #25 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
Anupam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: India
Posts: 15,277
Default

I will again remind, that the best way is to go to a computer retail shop, and take the cable, and maybe also the laptop with you. They will have a look at the cable, and the laptop, and will tell you what cable you will require. Simple as that.

With online purchase, you have the risk of getting the wrong cable, although Remah and others are trying their best so that you get the right one.
__________________
Anupam
Anupam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15. Dec 2011, 01:46 PM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam View Post
I will again remind, that the best way is to go to a computer retail shop, and take the cable, and maybe also the laptop with you. They will have a look at the cable, and the laptop, and will tell you what cable you will require. Simple as that.

With online purchase, you have the risk of getting the wrong cable, although Remah and others are trying their best so that you get the right one.
I'm going to call this place when they open. Incidentally, I'm in college and doing my pre-req. and soon to be majoring in comp. web design and/or software specialist. I'm this roomful of "scientists" I can see I have much to learn.
genacide is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.