Gizmos Freeware Reviews  

Go Back   Gizmo's Freeware Forum > Freeware Forum > General Computer Support

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20. Jan 2010, 01:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
dre
Senior Member
 
dre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 143
Angry page fault in non page error

I try to repair Windows XP, as soon as it finished copying files, i get the "page fault in non page error" (blue screen) I have replaced the RAM,and tested it. Tested the HDD and gave me no errors. I can't get in Windows now at all obviously.

Any thought regarding this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
__________________
Windows 3.0, IBM PS/2 i486/DX2, 256K RAM, 50MB HDD, Integrated onboard gfx...
dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20. Jan 2010, 01:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
Anupam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: India
Posts: 15,277
Default

This can be due to many reasons. Search on Google for "Page fault in non page area", and you will get many links. They have various reasons for the blue screen with the above error. One had a faulty RAM... other had something in startup.

Can you get into the safe mode? If yes, then boot into safe mode, and look into the Event Viewer, for any errors. Also check the startup items for anything unusual, or which might be causing problems.
__________________
Anupam
Anupam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20. Jan 2010, 01:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
dre
Senior Member
 
dre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 143
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam View Post
This can be due to many reasons. Search on Google for "Page fault in non page area", and you will get many links. They have various reasons for the blue screen with the above error. One had a faulty RAM... other had something in startup.

Can you get into the safe mode? If yes, then boot into safe mode, and look into the Event Viewer, for any errors. Also check the startup items for anything unusual, or which might be causing problems.
Like i said, can't get into windows at all, windows already started to copy files, so there is know way of going back into Windows now. I have googled, and still are, but to no success so far.
__________________
Windows 3.0, IBM PS/2 i486/DX2, 256K RAM, 50MB HDD, Integrated onboard gfx...
dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20. Jan 2010, 01:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
Anupam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: India
Posts: 15,277
Default

That is quite a situation. Well, only thing I can suggest now, is to make the hard disk a slave on another computer, if possible, and try to retrieve the data... and then try reformatting the disk.

I have no idea what might have happened, because you were in the process of performing a recovery on XP. Since the problem occurred during that process, must have corrupted things... or MBR. I really can't say for sure, sorry
__________________
Anupam
Anupam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20. Jan 2010, 01:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
dre
Senior Member
 
dre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 143
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam View Post
That is quite a situation. Well, only thing I can suggest now, is to make the hard disk a slave on another computer, if possible, and try to retrieve the data... and then try reformatting the disk.

I have no idea what might have happened, because you were in the process of performing a recovery on XP. Since the problem occurred during that process, must have corrupted things... or MBR. I really can't say for sure, sorry
Recovering the data won't be a issues yes, Running chkdsk now even, will run some recovery console commands and see.

The problem initially started with corrupt registry, even when i tried to back up registry at that time, system blue screens and reboots. I could not copy the backup of the registry i had in the windows folder because that is from 2008. System will run for a while and then just reboots at the best. Did not have system restore enabled either. Format looks to me the option after backup yes. This is a client's PC.
__________________
Windows 3.0, IBM PS/2 i486/DX2, 256K RAM, 50MB HDD, Integrated onboard gfx...
dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20. Jan 2010, 02:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 97
Default

BSOD could also mean driver incompatibility (apart from the usual suspects like faulty hardware). I had this when updating drivers for my MSI graphics card. Check on this.

Does the system boot in safe mode?
__________________
[URL="http://www.nela.in"]Rajiv's Blog[/URL]
moserw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20. Jan 2010, 03:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
dre
Senior Member
 
dre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 143
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moserw View Post
BSOD could also mean driver incompatibility (apart from the usual suspects like faulty hardware). I had this when updating drivers for my MSI graphics card. Check on this.

Does the system boot in safe mode?
No as i previously stated in my post. It has got nothing to do with a driver issues. The user does not install or uninstall anything. This PC gets used for spread sheets. That is all, oh yes and email.

Anyway,busy reinstalling PC, have to get back to client with it...
__________________
Windows 3.0, IBM PS/2 i486/DX2, 256K RAM, 50MB HDD, Integrated onboard gfx...
dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.