View Single Post
Old 04. Mar 2014, 10:14 PM   #25 (permalink)
windyctyprog

Remah and Bo,

Finally.

I am attaching the Decrap listing, as indicated earlier.

A few things:

1. I have an alternative list of what is installed via the control panel if that is a better list to view.

2. This Lenovo has a D drive in addition to the C drive, with the following installed: McAfee (there is also one listed on the C drive, so I have no idea why or what), Nitro PDF, ReadyComm, VeriFace and YouCam, the last 3 are Lenovo applications.

I know generally what those 3 do, but if I remove them, how does that screw up anything?

As an example, I have ooVoo on here, which is like Skype, but does YouCam do the same thing as ooVoo? ReadyComm is also some Web-X type platform, as well.

There are also drivers in this D drive as well. They seem to be the drivers needed for the entire laptop, if I understand what they are, from USB3, audio, chip set, WLAN, and etc. these I will not touch.

Some of this stuff I can't find on-line, or if I do, there are so many conflicting answers such as MSVCRT_amd64. I saw that's an Apple utility, a Microsoft utility, Intel, and etc.

Any help you can give me is very welcomed...

Thanks.

BTW, I don't use anything Microsoft related, such as Hotmail, Live Essentials, and etc.; I don't/won't use SugarSync, all this stuff is just bloat. I won't use McAfee, I don't need to upgrade to Office 2010/2013, if I need to, I do it internally. No games, don't care.

As indicated, I'll install MSE, Winpatrol, CryptoPrevent, other scanners like MBAM, and Sandboxie. I use Firefox and Thunderbird for personal email, Outlook for work.

I have a 2 terabyte external drive with my files, don't use a cloud, so don't need any of that.

Again, thanks so much for the assist.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Lenovo DeCrap.txt (7.9 KB, 5 views)
windyctyprog is offline   Reply With Quote