View Single Post
Old 20. Jul 2009, 08:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
tony
Foundation Editor

Default I have gone Linux

Well as some of you know I have one hell of a problem finding a Linux OS that would work on my 64bit comp. I thought I had tried everything, but I hadn't. I bought the comp without an OS and I used my WinXP32 OS on it, which actually was not very stable and it was really no behaving well at all. So in desperation I have installed OpenSuse 64bit, which I had tried as a dual boot, but in desperation have installed it now as my only operating system. Its been working for a few days now and has been working very well. Only I really miss easy to use software. Linux software is always more complicated and the GUI can be none existent. For instance, creating DVD's out of Youtube films/info for my photographic club is going to be complex and I have looked at converting those downloads as well. I need a brain to do work it In Windows I clicked my mouse and hey presto. Ah well, we will see how things keep on going.

I think, and this is only my theory as I am not a computer boffin, that the XP really should not be on the 64bit and possibly there were conflicts. I just don't know, all I know is, is that Suse is now working and I have an operating system, but alas I shan't be able to work on my editorials without Windows.

I have two more things up my sleeve if Suse does not perform and is not going to be stable. But so far it has not wobbled at all.
tony is offline   Reply With Quote