View Single Post
Old 24. Oct 2013, 05:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Remah

If you think that there is hardware that is broken and will need replacing then I'd follow joeguru's advice.

But if it only software and configuration problems then it just costs your time to repair it yourself. Your laptop can still be useful despite its age - my kids use a similar laptop for LAN parties playing old computer games - but unless it has been upgraded it will be rather limited.

If you want help to fix it then you should provide more information:
  • What is the version of Windows that is installed on the laptop? Is Windows 7 already installed and you want to reinstall it or are you wanting to upgrade to Windows 7 from an older version?
  • What is the error message with error 39? The error code means different things for different programs so I'd prefer that you are more precise.
  • How did you discover that there are "drivers from 3 OS's"? Do you mean Windows has installed the drivers or that older driver files are still stored on the disk?
  • I don't know what you mean by "a certificates disk" as that term is used for security software. Do you mean that you don't have a Windows 7 disk or that you do but cannot use it because the drive isn't working?

Last edited by Remah; 24. Oct 2013 at 05:02 AM. Reason: Added omitted word
Remah is offline   Reply With Quote