View Single Post
Old 09. Oct 2013, 12:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Andybpm

Default CutePDF Writer problem

Hi All

For your information I have included some back ground regarding this query that may assist you with this possible "Cute PDF Writer" problem.

I recently purchased a new Epson XP-400. After installing its software I began using its various functions, however I noticed that when it came to converting a Word doc. to a PDF that's when I encountered a problem.

A window opened with the heading, "File Conversion"; "Select the encoding that makes your document readable". The options that I can choose from are:

"Window (default)"
"MS-DOS"
"Other encoding"

The radio button defaults to "Other encoding" and the drop down menu on the right hand side is set to "Chinese Simplified (GB2312). There are a range of Asian, European and Middle Eastern languages I can select but from what I can see no English language option.

I discussed this with Epson and because my actual XP-400's functions works, they referred me to Microsoft. MS said my software updates were up to date so there is nothing else they can do.

The PDF details I use are "Cute PDF Writer" which I believe is linked to an "Adobe Acrobat" product. I called them and they said I should contact your company. Do you have any suggestions as to what I should do to fix this problem?

I am most grateful for any assistance you can offer.

Andy
Andybpm is offline   Reply With Quote