Thread: next step
View Single Post
Old 21. Aug 2013, 07:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
Anupam
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by garan View Post
I've been following that guide already as luck would have it and even disabled my mcafee AV and did a full scan with Avast AV and absolutely clean, if there is malware, it's hiding well. More and more i suspect hardware issues. The program i mispelled in the previous post is SIW not SWI. The reading as noted above are disturbing. With my hydra cool system, the puter shouldn't be running at 96 degrees farenheit, too hot. and the memory test as noted above showeed false values in the ram. Doing the gamut of tests today, but it almost seems like the cooling unit has failed and may have cause some components to overheat. What a nightmare this has been.
You posted this while I was writing the above post.

Well, if Avast did not find anything, maybe there's no malware there. Avast has the feature of boot scan which is highly useful. If you haven't run that yet, please run the boot scan. That will make sure you do not have malware.

Also run Malwarebytes Antimalware as an additional scan.

Heating can cause such lagging problems too, sometimes. So, that's a probable cause.

How did you test the memory?

I had guessed you were talking about SIW. SIW is not a system test software... it's more of a system information software, which will tell you about the hardware of your system, so that you can have knowledge of your computer configuration, as to what components are there.

If you want to test RAM, then, use these software:

Memtest86+ : http://www.memtest.org/

Memtest: http://www.memtest86.com/

These will give you a definite idea if the RAM is good or bad.

If you are talking about RAM problems by seeing results in SIW, I think what you are actually seeing there is the capabilities which your RAM does not have, which you are interpreting as problems. As far as I know, SIW is only a system information software, and not a testing one.