View Single Post
Old 30. Jul 2013, 01:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Joe A.TT

tumbler, I'd just like to add to what Anupam said.

I use SoftMaker FreeOffice not Open Office, but regardless, the point I'd like to make is I never save my documents in the program's native format. I always save in the .doc format because that way my documents will be more compatible with other office suites.

There should be a setting in Open Office to select the default format to save your documents. You may have to use "Help" to look for it. Once you find it, make sure to select .doc format. That's what I did.

About sending your manuscript as a PDF, your publisher should still be able to make comments on the PDF once he is using a PDF program that has that capability. I doubt that the role of a publisher involves actually make changes to an author's original work (e.g. your manuscript). Once the publisher makes his comments, he could return the PDF to you and you should be able to see what his comments were if you use something like PDF-XChange Viewer.

On the other hand, if the publisher has the right to alter your document, then sending it to him as a .doc file will be the way to go.

BTW, pardon my discourtesy - welcome to the forum!

Last edited by Joe A.TT; 30. Jul 2013 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Correct some grammar
Joe A.TT is offline   Reply With Quote