View Single Post
Old 27. Jul 2013, 02:16 PM   #28 (permalink)
Joe A.TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam View Post
There's a way to do this too. You can just cut that file from that folder and store it somewhere else. Don't delete it. Then, you observe whether the add-on disappeared from Firefox or not. It should have been gone. Then, you can further keep it in the other place for a few days, and see if without that file in the folder there, the system behaves normally or not. If system seems fine, you can delete the file altogether.
I cut the file from the SysWOW64 folder and put it on my desktop as a reminder. It worked perfectly because there's no JDK add-on in FF now. Thanks for the tip Anupam - cutting the file never occurred to me - I'll remember this useful method if I ever need it in the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam View Post
I have doubts whether reinstalling Firefox would solve this situation or not. Because, Firefox picks up the plugins from their folders, and shows them. So, if the file is still there even after Firefox is uninstalled, and reinstalled, then it might again pick up that file from there, and show as a plugin.
That's what I think too, although the only way to prove it is to uninstall and reinstall. In any case, I'm glad I don't have to go through that .
Quote:
Originally Posted by bo.elam View Post
You already spend four or five days on this...
As always, thanks for your inputs Bo. I do appreciate everyone's . Actually, I don't mind spending a bit of time on this because I learned a few things. So I'll chalk it up as time well invested.
Joe A.TT is offline   Reply With Quote