View Single Post
Old 12. Feb 2013, 07:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
nett
Banned

Hi to all that posted and thank you in advance.

All of a sudden I got facebook back on my lap top?

I am not sure why?

Now I do not have it again it is doing the same thing not loading. ALL OTHER SITES LOAD LIKE MY ONLINE NEWS PAPERS ETC. CRAIGS LIST YOU NAME THE ONLY ONE THAT DOES NOT LOAD IS FACE BOOK NOW.

I wish I understand but the ONLY THING DIFFERENT FROM YESTERDAY AND TODAY IS LAST NIGHT I DOWNLOADED MICROSOFT SECURITY ESSENTIALS! ?

WHY DID I DO THAT? Well I was at the library last night working with a very nice woman who is teaching me how to use my apps. She is a volunteer that works with any one who signs up at the library. I worked with her on organizing my files etc.
So in the midst of this I NOTICED that I/we could not find MICRO SOFT SECURITY ESSENTIALS? I THOUGH I HAD IT? I USED THE TOOL TO REMOVE AVG 2 WEEKS AGO IT WAS INTRUSIVE AND I SUSPECTED IT WAS THE REASON I COULD NOT LOAD FACEBOOK!?

So last night I decided YIKES I better download MICROSOFT SECURITY ESSENTIALS. WELL NOW I CAN NOT LOAD FACEBOOK!

COULD THAT BE THE PROBLEM?

I CAN LOAD EVERY OTHER SITE.

I can get face book on my gallaxy droid

OR IS IT THE BROWSER THAT IS OLD AND CRUMMY?

I HAVE WIIF IT WORKS
WHEN I CALL COMCAST THEY BLAME THE ROUTER THEY WON'T HELP AT ALL AND I HATE TO SPEND THE MONEY ON A ROUTER IF IT IS NOT REALLY THE PROBLEM.

THIS ALL STARTED 2 WEEKS AGO?

PLEASE HELP. I am on a very small income. I had a brand new computer but I was burglarized and now I have a handmedown sony professional that was originally a WINDOWS XP NOW WINDOWS 7.

IF THERE IS ANY OTHER INFO I CAN GIVE YOU LET ME KNOW?

SHOULD I UNINSTALL MSE?
SHOULD I INSTALL FREE i empahsize free avg?

it is so frustrating.
should i do a restore to an earlier point?

THERE IS SOMETHING I NOTICE IN THE BROWSER THAT I CAN NOT EXPLAIN BUT WILL TRY TO NOW.

if i use the facebook link in my favorites to try and go to facebook then it will not enter in the BROWSER WINDOW?

IF I MANUALLY PASTE IT IN IT GOES ROUND AND ROUND AND THE DOES NOT LOAD AND THE ERROR IS INTERNET EXPLORER CAN NOT DISPLAY THE WEBPAGE!

OY NOW I AM BACK AT SQURE ONE. COMPUTERS ARE NO FUN!
nett is offline   Reply With Quote