View Single Post
Old 25. Jul 2012, 09:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
wdhpr

I read a couple of review by Dedoimedo about OpenSuse 11.4 and 12.1 KDE. It seems Dedoimedo is quite fond of OpenSuse and Gave a glowing review of the 11.4 version not so good for 12.1 I have learned not to give his reviews absolute authority because he bases his reviews on 2 or 3 hours of use. However I find his review extremely useful for the basics and the obvious bugs. This has made the difference on which distros I choose to try out. I was going to give OpenSuse 12.1 a shot but may put it on the back burner because of the good things I've been hearing about Kororra. I would like to stick with Debian based systems due to my familiarity with Debian but I'm willing check out others.

I'm concerned that new and so-called improved distro's are suffering from a identity crisis. Are the developers trying as hard as they can to produce the best and stable product or racing to get the newest system out there even if they not completely ready. A recipe analogy comes to mind: Even if you use the very best ingredients it will be for not, unless its cooked until done.

Last edited by wdhpr; 25. Jul 2012 at 09:42 PM. Reason: added the wdhpr-ism
wdhpr is offline   Reply With Quote