View Single Post
Old 03. Jun 2012, 02:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
hendos4

Default Android software "Possible Voyeurs"?

The other day I went to downloaded a free torch program for my Samsung Galaxy 2 & it had an item at the bottom of it (a miss leading one I might say) stating Battery Update Available, which I thought was a genuine message, so I click on it & found out it was an add for another program. I cancelled the install & removed the torch program after I searched & found the battery update was actually a virus. Now this lead to trying to download another free torch program, but this time I READ THE PERMISSIONS, which was a big shock as nearly all programs I looked at on Google Play have the following items listed 1,2 & 3 or most of them in the permissions agreement & seeing as most people can not be bothered reading all the requirements in an agreement I think the following is wrong.

(1) CONSTANT INTERNET ACCESS
(2) PHONE CALL & NUMBER MONITORING AS WELL AS BEING ABLE TO MAKE CALLS.
(3) PERMISSION FOR THE PROGRAM TO TAKE PICTURES & RECORD VIDEOS AT WILL.

SO IF YOU HAPPEN TO BE PARADING IN FRONT OF YOUR CAMERA FOR YOU PARTNER, THE PROGRAM COULD BE RECORDING IT & SENDING IT TO WHO KNOWS WHERE.

Why on earth would a torch program need to take photo's or video's & have internet access.
What do you think? should this be allowed or should the Government put in place laws to stop this from happening?Poll Choices: Yes,No. unsure or who cares
I eventually found one with no permissions listed.

Last edited by hendos4; 03. Jun 2012 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Typing Error
hendos4 is offline   Reply With Quote