View Single Post
Old 09. May 2012, 03:04 AM   #14 (permalink)
George.J
Editor

I did contact CNET lately and this was the reply that I received.

Quote:
The Download.com Installer is in active development and will continue to improve its experience on Download.com.

There are two possible reasons why you are not seeing any products that use the Download.com Installer.

Reason 1: You may have disabled the Download.com Installer in your CNET Profile at http://www.cnet.com/profile/. On the right-hand column under My Account Settings, there is a link titled "Update My Download.com Preferences," which spawns a modal (javascript pop-up) that lets you turn off the Download.com Installer permanently.

Reason 2: You may have been downloading products that have opted out of the Download.com Installer. You can read more about the opt-out process in the Installer FAQ for software publishers on our self-service publisher site Upload.com.
This is from their FAQ section

Quote:
9. Can I opt out of the CNET Download.com Installer?

Yes. If you would like to opt out of the Download.com Installer you can submit a request to cnet-installer@cbsinteractive.com. Opt-out requests are typically processed within 24-48 hours, and you will receive a confirmation email as soon as your request has been processed.

10. What is my revenue share for signing up for the CNET Download.com Installer Developer program?

For participating in the CNET Download.com Installer program, CBSi will pay you the revenue share fees in the amount of forty percent (40%) on the Net Revenue collected by CBSi from the Offers bundled with your Application and distributed via the Network.
So after all, they are not going to remove wrapped downloads from all products any time soon. Now that means my theory has blown up in my own face.

Last edited by George.J; 09. May 2012 at 03:15 AM.
George.J is offline   Reply With Quote