Thread: Zorin OS 6 Lite
View Single Post
Old 14. Apr 2012, 08:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
MidnightCowboy
Site Manager

Location: South American Banana Republic, third bunch from the left

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdhpr View Post

I'm going to try installing Zorin Lite on a USB drive, I'll let ya know how it goes.
This actually prompted me again about the main version of Zorin because I'd not tried 5.2. I got the usual error windows which I ignored as usual and everything works without issue. It uses around 5-6% more memory in use than the Lite version and to be honest I notice no difference in speed. Unless someone has a real low end machine therefore or just likes the LXDE desktop, I can't see much of a need for it. I still may revert back to the Lite version myself, depending on the final direction of Zorin 6 which is still not confirmed and was the main reason why I installed this in the first place.

In the past I've had the odd issue when using the advanced partitioning options to replace one linux with another in a dual boot, unless of course the installer is like Kororra which does this for you. MC's system therefore is to use EasyBCD to remove Grub from the MBR, delete the former Linux partitions, expand W7 to swallow this space and then shrink it back again to make room for the new installation. I've then found that using the default option "install alongside Windows 7" works fine every time.