View Single Post
Old 15. Dec 2011, 01:04 AM   #12 (permalink)
George.J
Editor

Guys, I don't want the concept of safety to be misleading to all of you. How can we determine whether an antivirus keeps you safe? Is it just the blocking capabilities or even including the removal ability, in case you get infected? Similar is the case here.

Sandboxie is very safe. They have also said that or as bo.elam said disclaims that "from time to time, people are able to find some vulnerability in Sandboxie, an open hole through which malicious software can still infiltrate the system." (They have said "have" here, not "may have") And as you have said maplichen, that the difference may be too small like 99.5 or 99.7 etc. But the whole difference is made in the rest 0.3 % that determines the safety level.

Once Sandboxie has been compromised, there's no way even God can help you, because infiltration happens to your system. I mentioned before,
Quote:
"Also you have to know that, VirtualPC or VirtualBox is much safer than Sandboxie as it has no LINK between the host OS therefore it is impossible for the infection to spread to the host. So, all you have to do is delete the Virtual OS and create a new one. "
Even if that 0.3% turns back at you, remember that it's encased in a Virtual Machine and also at the other end you have it totally housed inside Linux not Windows still. Window's is actually having a puff on a cigaratte and relaxing. Your ass is still safe.

Finally I didn't start this topic to say how secure Sandboxie (which is a really good program) is, but to mention what other programs can do for you at the same time in a better and safer way. Just that someone likes the program so much that you don't like to switch from Sandboxie, doesn't mean that it's the only mechanism that's there in store for you to keep you safe. Hope I am a little more clear now.

Last edited by George.J; 15. Dec 2011 at 01:25 AM.
George.J is offline   Reply With Quote