View Single Post
Old 07. Dec 2011, 03:57 AM   #35 (permalink)
B Carson

Anupam : Thanks for your detailed comments n suggestions.
Try to reply in order of your remarks.

* Eusing and CCleaner have very good reviews. Rated high in Computer Mags / Forums as Editors Choice and Most Popular Downloads. I wanted to clean HD to increase space and thought it safe to use them as I would not personally know how to do individual files. Your remarks surprised me.

* Partition E has : 4 windows folders ie dotnetfx20 and dotnet fx30 etc.
plus 151 OGM files, plus Image.bin and Image.use.
I suppose they were installed by tech repair guy some time ago.

Everything else is on Partition C.
Have never transferred files from 1 partition to another. Worried I might cause error and F Partition already had Win Files and other stuff. I was trying to move partition so C had more space.

* Music was downloaded to – C:\Documents\My Documents\My Music etc .file type wma.

Results if I run ‘Search’ using Playlist name eg. Don McClean –
Folder : Cocuments and Settings Size : 3 KB, Type : Windows Media Player
Date Modified : 14.01.2012 3.16pm ( year is always + 1 )

If I click on Don McClean file, click Play I get - WMP Box saying
‘ WMP cannot play this file. If file is on another computer etc. ‘

* Using Recuva I recovered some music files to external HD.
If I click a recovered music file on external HD I get a box saying-
‘The file you are attempting to play has an extension that does not match file format. Playing file may result in unexpected behaviour. Do you want player to try to play file?
If I click yes and I get a box saying -
‘ Cannot play this file. Player might not support the file type or codec that was used to compress file. If I click more info I get C00D 1199.’ I still no music. And so it goes in circles.

Q 1. If file is deleted, would it show the file name and 3KB size?
I expected there to be no file / folder /name or if it did it would show 0 KB size.

Q 2. If I download a different player, would new player be able to play the files ?

4goTTen21 : Sorry, you've lost me. Don't think I will attempt to use partition recovery gear.
B Carson is offline   Reply With Quote