View Single Post
Old 28. Nov 2011, 01:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
George.J
Editor

My share: Forrest Gump

A man with a low IQ has accomplished great things in his life and been present during significant historic events - in each case, far exceeding what anyone imagined he could do. Yet, despite all the things he has attained, his one true love eludes him. "Forrest Gump" is the story of a man who rose above his challenges, and who proved that determination, courage, and love are more important than ability.

Forrest joins the army for service in Vietnam, finding new friends called Dan and Bubba, he wins medals, starts a ping-pong craze, creates a famous shrimp fishing fleet, inspires people to jog, create the smiley, write bumper stickers and songs, donating to people and meeting the president several times. However this is all irrelevant to Forrest who can only think of his childhood sweetheart Jenny. Who has messed up her life. Although in the end all he wants to prove is that anyone can love anyone.

After watching the movie for 2 hrs 20min, I felt like I was glued to my chair for about 6 hours. One of my favourites and a movie that you should watch before you die

Last edited by George.J; 28. Nov 2011 at 02:07 AM.
George.J is offline   Reply With Quote