View Single Post
Old 12. Mar 2011, 03:25 AM   #32 (permalink)
Jojo Yee
Maestro di Search

@Jeff

In most cases, I would read relevant reviews first before trying out a distro. This includes Bodhi which I believe you've spent a lot of time on it.

I've gone through Dedoimedo's review on your distro, and your rebuttal of the points in the review. It's also delighted to see you fixed a bug showing 'restore last session' in the default home page of Firefox, described as 'a leftover from the remastering process' in the review.

In a review, I normally see what are the facts or findings which a reviewer is pointing out. If you ask me, I tend to agree that a simple text editor should be included in a distro, even a minimalist distro. Following this thread, I understand that you've a choice list duing setup, but I do not know if there's a default install for certain basic apps if none are chosen. Just a question.

It's good to see we have more members here, not only editors, but also developers, reviewers, site visitors... Well, as what MC said, it's the contribution that is important.

p.s.
In your rebuttal, you mentioned that "Dedoimedo is kind enough to have any form of commenting disabled on his website". Well, we now have a new article "MoonOS 4 Neak" done by him (thanks Dedoimedo), the comments section is usually open at Gizmo's Freeware.
Jojo Yee is offline   Reply With Quote