View Single Post
Old 23. Aug 2010, 10:50 AM   #9 (permalink)
GiantWaffle

Okay, I found out what the deal is with Sisma!

You DO have to use the normal Windows installer to get it to save the options you set in "TOOLS >> OPTIONS" when you exit the software, so it must be as I said earlier, that it writes entries into the registry during the install and saves the changes for those options there.

What I still do not see though, is a way to get it to run at Windows startup. There are no options for:

Run at Windows Startup

Minimize when run (at startup)

I think this may be related to the fact that it loads my database when it starts and that requires a password and so, it can't load until that password is entered anyway.

did try, just for kicks, to create an icon for it and set it to run "Minimized" in the shortcut's properties. The problem is though, that when I try to run it, I get a .NET error, but I do have the latest updates installed into Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

If I clicked on "Continue" anyway, then it would continue, but if memory serves, would then error out completely. Or maybe it asked for the password and ran after that. I don't remember.

But anyway, running it at startup seems to be out of the question, which is kind of strange, because I was able to run a different password program at startup that had a master password and it didn't ask for the password, until I actually tried to use the program and it would start up and go to the System Tray just fine on Windows Startup, so I don't know. Since Sisma doesn't have an option to set for this, it must not be geared to do this.

So I would like to see this option in the program, to run at Windows Startup and immediately minimize without prompting for a password.

I would also like to see an option to leave the Master Password blank, so that it doesn't require one at all, since again, security is not my first concern with this particular program. Usefulness is. But it has turned out to be a good little program and thanks for the suggestion to try it! Once I figured it out, I really like it!

If you find out any more about it, please let me know, okay? I would really VERY much appreciate it!!!
GiantWaffle is offline   Reply With Quote