View Single Post
Old 22. Aug 2010, 07:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
GiantWaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam View Post
Hi GiantWaffle, welcome to the forum . Thanks a lot for accepting the request and posting this here. Now, this topic can be discussed in detail here, and others can also contribute to it, and things will be organized.

After having conversation with you in the comments section, I tried out Flybit Password Keeper. I was quite disappointed by it. I found that the program was not intuitive at all.

I created a database and gave location to it. I chose a master password, and I added an entry to the database. I saved and closed the software. When I again tried to open the same database, I was unable to. Even if I select the database, it does not appear in the list, and I cannot open it. Earlier, I thought this was happening because at first I had only created the database, but not added any entries. But, I just made an entry, and even then I am not able to load the database. So, for me, the program fails at the start only.

For adding entries too, the software is not intuitive. It uses strange terms for adding entries etc. Any person who is not familiar with these terms will be easily confused. Even I was not able to figure out for a while, how to add entries. I was able to create a new item under the given groups. But, when I wanted to add any entries to the item, I was not able to find anything on the toolbox or the menu. Then I right clicked the item, and there was the option... not intuitive.

For adding entries too, different fields are given in a drop down list like password, user ID, URL etc. Its tedious to choose an entry every time. I disliked that. Maybe its just my choice that I do not like it.

I am not pleased with the software, and don't intend to use it.
I agree with you about the terms not being intuitive. That's what I said to you in the review section of the web site.

However, I did not have any problem loading the database and as far as setting up entries, yes, I did have to look at the help on the web page (which does walk you right through it), but as far as the menu system, I don't use that. I use what is intuitive (aside from the terms).

In other words, I use the big plus sign to add the next step and the pencil button to edit, etc..

But I'm sure you also see now how you have to make separate entries for each part of what you need to know for a password setup, meaning an antry for the user name, an entry for the password, etc., meaning that you have to set up entry cards for each one, just to make a whole entry for one web site, for example!

But again, I do love the way that it doesn't hide the password on me, if I don't want it to! The others do and force me to go through steps, just to see it and my password text file is less work, even as bad as using it is, since it is long and I end up with double entries and stuff.
GiantWaffle is offline   Reply With Quote