View Single Post
Old 27. Jun 2010, 11:24 PM   #26 (permalink)
labelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam View Post
OK, some more points to add. I do not install any codec pack, they are really unnecessary, I have found.

To play DIVX or avi movies, you can install the XVID codec. Its very small and works really well. If some movies still do not work, then you can install the DIVX codec. Mind you, only the codec, because if you get the DIVX bundle, it is a large install. For sound, you can install the AC3 codec. It takes care of sound for most movies, and is really small. For playing real media, and quick time media formats, you can install Real Alternative, and Quick Time Alternative.

If the file has downloaded correctly, and is good... but still not able to play, then you should either download the Xvid codec, or DivX codec. One of this codec is required to be on the system, in order to play AVI movies. __________________

Hello again Anupam, (Above in BOLD)

Is the above not the exact opposite to what you told me?
I too have an Acer Aspire 29302 and yes it's full of crap i cant get rid of. Its only a 2g so space is at a premium. I need a word program to edit my c.V. as i'm looking for work, but i cant get the office suite removed.The only things ive managed to delete are the games.I dread to think of the amount of stuff i cant see.I've had to system restore twice as i have had maLaware problems, so i'l need the room to install some decent protection. I have AVG 0.9 at present. I dont like vista and we tried to remove it and install XP but again we failed. Is there a quick fix that a novice like myself could tackle? I hate to keep bothering my brother as he has "Found Love" and therefore useless at present lol.

Bell

Last edited by labelle; 27. Jun 2010 at 11:29 PM.