View Single Post
Old 28. May 2010, 12:56 PM   #45 (permalink)
vasa1

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrawarra View Post
Just when I thought I'd made up my mind to use AdThwart,.. I've now become a little unsure with some of the other options being posted here.
I googled "Privoxy" and whilst most of the public opinions seem to be in favour of it, there are some who downright say that it's not good at all. I guess it's a bit like asking a group of people which is the best car,.. Ford or Toyota ? .. You'll never be able to please all of the people all of the time !...
Re. Privoxy: I haven't read enough on it, but it's not in the same league as the AdThwarts, AdBlocks, AdSweeps, etc. It's far more technical ...

The main thrust of my comments have been directed at finding out whether the various extensions actually prevent the download (and hence save on internet usage) versus downloading everything but merely preventing display in the browser. To my mind, the latter's the lemon, Ford or Toyota .

Just for example, take the example of "element hiding". In this case, the elements are downloaded but just not displayed. They're hidden. Of course, there's a clear cosmetic benefit here.
vasa1 is offline   Reply With Quote