View Single Post
Old 04. Mar 2010, 10:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
emmjay
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Smile

Well I have worked on this for the past several days and finally figured it out.

Facebook Photouploader did not over-write the original version installed when an upgrade was available, so I ended up with 2 versions of the same program installed on my system. Both were installed in c:\windows\downloaded program files\, but the filenames were different. Some programs are free, but they can also be a pain in the @#%^ to get rid of.

File 1 = PhotoUploader5.ocx
File 2 = ImageUploader5.ocx

Just as well I did not delete ActiveX.ocx (I was tempted).

Disk Cleaner did the job it was supposed to and I got the second file deleted when I found out the correct name. I also had to run CCleaner as there were some registry entries that came loose. After the registry clean I restarted the PC and there was no more instances of FacebookUploader anywhere to be found.
  Reply With Quote