Thread: Opera 57
View Single Post
Old 01. Dec 2018, 02:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
deya

Agree about Opera notes, I did use it a lot and it would be nice to have it back but I suppose there are extensions that will do the job. Still, I would have more use for a built-in notes feature than some of the latest stuff they've incorporated in to the browser.

I haven't used Vivaldi in a while, last time I did I found the amount of settings to be overbearing to be honest - too many choices and options are not always a good thing, for me personally, and I found the UI not to my liking but each to their own.

I use Cent more and more to be honest. I think it's a better browser than Opera, for lots of different reasons and it's definitely quicker. They do a reasonable job of keeping up with the latest Chrome version, although sometimes there is a bit of a wait, but they're a very small team and time and resources obviously come in to play. But I can make it extremely efficient with only a small amount of extensions - five to be exact, one for notes included and I much prefer the UI over Opera's.

I have tried a few different browsers just recently but uninstalled them after a week or so of use. Opera is set as my default. Cent is my alternative and I'm happy with that for now. I do occasionally use Edge and it's not bad with certain extensions installed but I just can't seem to take to it in a sense that I want to use it more often.

My Opera speed dial tiles have now reverted to their original colours. Bizarre, but much easier on the eye than Purple and Green

Last edited by deya; 01. Dec 2018 at 02:36 PM.
deya is offline   Reply With Quote