View Single Post
Old 29. Nov 2018, 03:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Melita-s

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightCowboy View Post
Which now makes the system insecure unless you are filtering the security updates and installing these manually.
No, I have blocked all updates from MS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightCowboy View Post
Just curious to know after the large amount of mostly negative comments about Windows security why you still bother with it at all? Are there specific apps or tasks you need to perform that cannot be done using Linux or if you just cant live without it in general why you don't run Windows from within a Linux VM?
I have no problems at all with Q4OS. Linux is not hard to learn as some people claim. In fact it is a pleasure to use.

I will never use Windows 10, but I have no such antipathy towards Windows 7. There is neither love nor hate. It doesn't annoy me or offend me, so I simply don't mind using it when I feel inclined to.

Computer security is not something that I worry about. If ever I get infected, it will be a simple thing to wipe the hard disk clean. Then I recover my system with one of the weekly system images that I create. I know that this sort of attitude is not looked upon with favour by the majority of computer users, not to mention those security experts. But I don't see any problem with it. This of course is entirely my personal view. I am talking about it only because you asked me.

In a security forum I saw that some people make system images every 30 minutes for this eventuality. My needs are quite modest. A weekly image will do fine with me.

I hope this answers your questions.

Thank you.

Last edited by Melita-s; 29. Nov 2018 at 03:54 PM.
Melita-s is offline   Reply With Quote