View Single Post
Old 01. Jul 2018, 05:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
Anupam
Super Moderator

On my laptop, the folder icon for User somehow disappeared. I had to spend a bit of time before I found how to access option for Desktop Icons, which is found in Settings --> Personalization --> Themes, and there it is as a link.

Such a simple thing was earlier accessible from the right click menu on the desktop. Why make such simple things difficult.

And the new Photo app, which is the default now in Windows 10, is just highly annoying. It takes a lot of time to load, and it's cumbersome to operate. Windows Photo Viewer was just excellent... simple and easy to operate. But, they have done away with it altogether. Thankfully, it is still on my desktop, because I had installed Windows 10 over Windows 8.1. But, on laptop, on which I installed Windows 10 fresh, it isn't there anymore.

I had to look for other options.. I just wanted to simply view, and be able to zoom via the mouse scroll. ImageGlass, WildBit Viewer, and NoMacs seem to have this feature.

Shortcut of Edge is now being provided on desktop after installation of the latest Windows version. I deleted it right away