View Single Post
Old 06. May 2018, 04:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
trainman261
Editor (Android)

The problem is that they have a monopoly, and as long as they manage to keep that, they're pretty much free to do anything within the confines of the law (usually). And I know I'll get a lot of hate for this, but this is one of the reasons I'm really hoping ReactOS development gets a good boost because of the problems with Windows 10. Laugh about the slow pace of development (until now) as much as you want, this is an OS that, given enough work, could really upset Microsoft's monopoly, which is something, let's be honest, that Linux will still have a hard time doing, simply because of the incompatibility with today's programs and the complexity. Yes, I know the different builds are an advantage for many avid Linux users, but for the average user who isn't that tech-savvy, it's a huge, confusing mess. And yes, I know, there's Wine, but again, for the average user, it's too confusing. They want something seamless, and ReactOS offers some hope for us having a simple, non-Windows system that can be seamlessly used with everything else Windows. Until we have that, we'll have a monopolistic situation, unless Microsoft really screws something up, which I wouldn't bet on.
trainman261 is offline   Reply With Quote