View Single Post
Old 18. Apr 2017, 11:21 PM   #35 (permalink)
deya

You can uninstall programs using Apps and Features, same as using Programs and Features. Apps and Features displays the full list of installed software - apps and programs. I don't do it that way, I use Geek to uninstall things.

In a roundabout way, this should help users like torres because even though their Control Panel is crashing you can access many things from Settings. If you don't see what your looking for use the search function in Settings and it will bring most things up - Language, Keyboard, Mouse, Sound etc. But not all. Say for example you want to access Admin Tools or the Firewall, using the search function in Settings takes you to Control Panel - not much use to him there. So it's not ideal.

One of the first things I did after the CU was to pin Control Panel to the Start Tiles. It's still needed but I agree with Anupam, it should be one thing or the other. Settings or Control Panel. Not both, it's confusing. MS should have done away with Control Panel by now if that's their aim, they've been at it long enough.
deya is offline   Reply With Quote