View Single Post
Old 02. Jul 2015, 01:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
sicknero

I forgot to ask about the fetal monitor ...

If it's picking up your heartbeat clearly, then the problem is definitely at some point between that and your hard drive and you don't need to think about stethoscopes or anything else like that. As you say the problem then is just getting it onto your pc, and that shouldn't be too hard to sort out.

How exactly are you recording from the fetal monitor? If you're playing your heartbeat through speakers and trying to record that, then it will be difficult to get a decent recording. Especially if you are, say, using a laptop's built-in microphone.
But it should be possible to connect the monitor directly to your pc or handheld devices which would get you a good result. How does the monitor let you hear what it picks up?

If you could post more details I can probably help more ...

- The make/model of the fetal monitor so I can google it and see how it works exactly. For example whether it has a headphone socket, whether it has its own speakers and how it connects to them etc.

- Exactly how you have set up the fetal monitor and your pc for recording ... how you are getting the sound into your pc ... e.g. whether by audio cable or microphone. A photo or three would help if it's difficult to describe.

- Whether you've tried recording anything else onto your pc anytime and how it came out. Does Audacity record other things well for you?

It sounds like something that could be sorted out quite easily in person, but it might take a little more time and perseverance here. I enjoy this kind of project though.
sicknero is offline   Reply With Quote