View Single Post
Old 13. May 2015, 04:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Matz109

I have exactly the same problem and I know when I installed Malwarebytes free I never selected any trial options, infact it shows me I don't have trial options enabled and do I want to enable Trial, which I won't.

There seems to be an issue with the new version of Malwarebytes free (v2.1), in that it will constantly run the update process even though it has already run it in the last 20 mins or even 5 minutes and has already successfully found and updated itself. Currently shows database version v2015.05.13.04

I'm on windows 7 home and have all the relevant updates.

There also seems to be times when the update process in Malwarebytes runs very slowly and causes Windows a few problems with slow performance. Sometimes it even times out not finding the server, during which I know I've a reasonable internet connection here.

I'm getting to the point of probably having to uninstall it as it interrupts other programs when the update process automatically starts.

Malwarebytes free does run all the time, it is automatically set to start as windows starts according to my installation, it's just the active scanning processes that are turned off, the upate process is running on a scheduler.
Matz109 is offline   Reply With Quote