View Single Post
Old 16. Apr 2015, 12:17 AM   #53 (permalink)
Remah

Melita

1. Following up on that update problem, Microsoft had some solutions. Did you try them including downloading the latest Windows update client as recommended for When you use Automatic Updates to scan for updates or to apply updates to applications that use Windows Installer, you experience issues that involve the Svchost.exe process.

2. It is still worth looking at upgrading your RAM. If you had 4GB RAM you might have noticed no more than a slowdown.

3. I've been impressed with your perseverance and patience. We asked a lot of questions and talked about a lot of things you weren't familiar with. I hope that after this ordeal you feel a lot more confident in problem solving on your system.

4. I looked up your Acer system information using the SNID. It was really just basic warranty info that was disappointing in the lack of detail particularly when you compare it with what you can get from Dell, HP, Lenovo, etc. That's why I prefer computers from manufacturers that provide detailed specifications and support information that is easy for users to access. I had to find readable specs for your system on other sites than Acer. I'm wondering if others found the same?

But we can deduce some of the original configuration from the description field:
AS5250-BZ479-CA W7HP64AS/C-50/2G/320GB/6L2.2/15.6

AS5250-BZ479-CA = model; AS is Aspire
W7HP64 = Windows Home Premium 64-bit
AS = Aspire pre-installed software package? Other models show EMAS which appears to be an install package for an EMachines system - a brand Acer also owns.
C-50 = AMD C-50 1.0GHz Dual-Core processor
2G = 2GB DDR3 RAM
320GB = 320GB hard disk
6L2.2 = ???
15.6 = 15.6 inch LED screen

The other main features don't appear to be mentioned:
-DVD+/-RW drive
-2-in-1 card reader
-Gigabit Ethernet adapter
-Wireless B/G/N