View Single Post
Old 15. Apr 2015, 07:31 PM   #45 (permalink)
Melita-s

Hello Joe,

Thank you for taking all the trouble!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe A.TT View Post
Melita, I am pretty puzzled about this computer. I have a few questions.[LIST=1][*]Where did you get this computer? I ask because something makes me feel it wasn't released in the North American market.[*]Your Speccy report says your RAM is a 2GB Kingston PC3-10700 (667 MHz) part No. ACR256X64D3S1333C9 yet I couldn't find it on Kingston's site. Your laptop model isn't listed there either. I couldn't find anything for PC3-10700 RAM on Amazon either. For that matter, I couldn't find RAM for your laptop on Amazon.[*]What may be even more important is my research tells me your laptop should be using low voltage RAM (i.e. 1.35V), however, your Speccy report says your RAM is 1.5V. You shouldn't really use higher voltage RAM than specified.[*]I think your laptop may be capable of using faster RAM than what is installed. We already know you don't have much RAM but there's no reason why that RAM should be slower than specified.
This was bought in Canada from a reputed North American seller. It is registered with Acer and I had got in touch with them sometime ago using the credentials. I think the Speccy information may be wrong. I don't remember the name 'Kingston' when I last read the specifications at Acer website, some time back. Here is what you need to check on it:

PRODUCT MODEL: AS5250-C52G32Mikk
SERIAL NUMBER / SNID: LXRJY020301273A04A1601

Quote:
Did anyone ever change your RAM? A computer repair shop maybe?
Never been to a repair man.

Quote:
Should you run multiple AV scans and find anything, make sure you quarantine instead of delete until such time you can tell for sure it's malware. Deleting files that turns out to be false positives could land you in trouble.
Thank you for the reminder

Regards,