View Single Post
Old 14. Apr 2015, 06:32 PM   #40 (permalink)
Remah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe A.TT View Post
Melita, I have a lot of respect for Remah. You couldn't really hope to get help from a more knowledgeable person. At the same time, I must reiterate that with 2GB of RAM and a 1GHz CPU you are always going to be living on edge. You may not be able to do much about the CPU, but IMHO, if you increase your RAM it may do more for you than other measures. Mind you, that doesn't mean that you should be selective about which programs your allow to start automatically.
Joe, I agree completely that any memory (RAM) upgrade above the Windows system requirement is worthwhile even if there are no problems.
  • A memory upgrade becomes more important if the system has integrated graphics (built into the motherboard) which shares the main memory. This reduces the memory available to Windows. In this case, a low-end 1GHz CPU is usually accompanied by low-end integrated graphics (such as Intel HD) rather than a dedicated graphics card with its own dedicated video memory.
  • This is a 64-bit system so any memory above 3GB will be completely usable unlike 32-bit systems where most Windows users get limited benefit for RAM above 3GB.