View Single Post
Old 06. Apr 2015, 09:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Joe A.TT

Melita, what's the model number of your Acer laptop? I'll have a look around and see if I have better luck than you.

As Anupam says, you don't have to change any settings in SpeedFan, but just in case, I found an article you may want to read.

And oh, are you able to check Task Manager when these slowdown occur? You could also make a note of the time and check Event Viewer for clues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melita-s View Post
It doesn't open when I click on 'Copy to clipboard'.
Melita, when you copy something to the Windows Clipboard you won't see any window or other indication that something was copied to the Clipboard. The only way to know if something is in the Clipboard is to right-click a target where you want to paste the Clipboard's contents. When you right-click, if "Paste" is not greyed out, then there's something in the Clipboard. On the other hand, if "Paste" is greyed out it means there's nothing in the Clipboard.

Also, I don't think Sleep is meant to be used as you are using it. It is rather unfortunate that Microsoft wasn't more specific about when to use Sleep and Hibernate. Instead, when they use loose terminology like "extended period", they invite speculation as to when either feature should be used. IMHO, it would be better to completely shut down your computer every night. As for sleep, you should use it if you are taking a break of between 5 - 45 minutes. Hibernate can be used if you are working on a project and you are breaking off for a longer period but want to return to the exact place where you left off. And yes, it is recommended that you restart your computer every so often. Doing so can solve mysterious issues and allow the operating system to "rejuvenate" itself.

Anupam, can you be more specific about the security issues involved in posting a Speccy report? They do it all the time over at Bleeping Computer.
Joe A.TT is offline   Reply With Quote