View Single Post
Old 09. Feb 2015, 08:51 PM   #26 (permalink)
bo.elam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melita-s View Post
As for No. 1, I am using Microsoft Security Essentials. I don't know how good it is! I don't have an OD scanner and I am looking for a good one.
In my opinion, MSE is the best antivirus to use along SBIE. If you are going to constantly use Sandboxie for all your browsing and only install well known program, never getting installers from dubious sites, you dont need anything else. In fact, in my opinion, it is better to keep using MSE as I know it gets along at 100% with SBIE. And no need for OD scanners either. But if you are looking for good ones, MBAM and HMP. Those two are very good.

The only time really that you should run Firefox out of the sandbox is for updating the browser. I recommend you change the option in Firefox tools>options>Advanced>Update to either Never check for updates or Check for updates but let me choose.

I have it set to Never check for updates but you can set yours to let you choose. Next time Firefox updates and prompts you about it, you delete your sandbox and do the update out of the sandbox. Change settings unsandboxed.

Bo
bo.elam is offline   Reply With Quote