View Single Post
Old 21. Jan 2015, 09:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Anupam
Super Moderator

Thanks for posting this Joe ... you bought great news. I had been waiting for this, and it's really good to know that even if it's during the first year, Windows 10 will be a free upgrade. I too will be grabbing it.

From what I read, and make of it, it will be available for Windows 7 and up, and so, it will include Windows 8, and 8.1 both. This is some good move from MS, to bring users to use their latest operating system. It's quite good, considering that Windows 7 mainstream support has ended this January.

It's not revealed though, how the upgrade will be offered. I guess the details will come out only later at the time of the release. I do hope that some way will be there to download Windows 10, so that it can be installed later on, if required, or as a fresh install. Have to wait for that.

Still, overall, the free upgrade is quite a good news. Looking forward to the release of Windows 10.

Thanks for the video link too, Joe... will check it out tomorrow. By then, more details of the event will be appearing on all sites.