View Single Post
Old 22. Dec 2014, 09:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
deya

I've had a good look around the settings but I can't see anything to do with a Russian dating site. I've not come across anything like that to be honest, just Facebook notifications. Not quite sure what to make of that. No one's pestered me for a date yet.

You can use any Opera extensions, of which there are many.

https://addons.opera.com/en-gb/extensions/

I tried the Chrome Store, installed ABP from there and it worked fine. Maybe some won't be compatible, and I'm not a huge user of extensions anyway but I'll try a few more and see what happens. I don't think people will struggle with a lack of extensions though.

Sandbox. Ok, well I don't use Sandboxie but I do occasionally use the sandbox in 360 Total Security. Yandex won't work in that either - nor will Opera for that matter. Maxthon, Seamonkey, IE, Nitro, they run fine in the 360 sandbox. Can't compare the two - Sandboxie and 360 TS sandbox, because I don't use them enough to really understand them in depth. But I remember Bo posting something, some time back, about Opera not working in Sandboxie so I would think it may have something to do with that, there being links with Yandex and Opera. It doesn't bother me because I don't run either browser sandboxed but if you do then it's a problem, obviously, so maybe Bo could point you in the right direction there.

As for portable, I don't think there'll be one. I've not come across a portable Yandex browser, even the older versions.
deya is offline   Reply With Quote