View Single Post
Old 08. Dec 2014, 09:44 PM   #36 (permalink)
Melita-s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sope View Post
This is possible although it would require a significant amount of research, time and effort to implement.

You would first need to create a VHD image of your old HDD using a tool such as Disk2vhd, then you would need to mount this image as a virtual machine on your new computer using a program such as Virtualbox

Of course you would still need to somehow transfer the created VHD to your new PC. The easiest way to do this would be to use a portable external HDD, and if you had one of those then your original problem of moving files between the two PC's wouldn't actually be a problem.
This is beyond me. What a daunting task! So I am happily dropping the matter "...........to fight another day"

Thank you for helping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo.elam View Post
Hi Melita, the program has the option to control remote another computer, you can use it for connecting to your friends computer in a different country. I didn't disable internet when testing the program but you can do that to see if you still can transfer files after doing it. But I would guess an internet connection is required for two computers to connect with each other. When computers are connected, probably TeamViewer knows the IP of the computers that are using their service but I doubt they have access to the files that you transfer. Otherwise, this program wouldn't have as good a reputation as it does.

Bo
I have been experimenting with it. Apart from 'File transfer', I did 'Remote control' and established 'LAN connection' as well. This is a great program.

Best regards,

Last edited by Melita-s; 08. Dec 2014 at 09:47 PM. Reason: For correction
Melita-s is offline   Reply With Quote