View Single Post
Old 06. Dec 2014, 04:10 AM   #31 (permalink)
bo.elam

Hi Melita, during installation, I ticked Basic installation for Personal Non commercial use. As well as Advanced settings. In Advanced settings, I didn't select anything. The installation was identical in XP as in the W7.

After installation is over, in both computers, you ll see an screen like in picture 3. Tick File transfer and write the ID number that you see in the Window 7 where it says Partner ID in the XP. And Click Connect to partner.

After that, like in picture 4, you ll see a prompt asking you to write the password that you see in the W7 screen. Click Log on.

Now, both computers are connected and you ll be ready to transfer files. You ll see something like the screen in picture 5. On the left side is my XP and on the right side, my W7. In the XP, you navigate to the files that you like to transfer and after selecting the folder or file. You select on the right hand side where you want the files to go in the W7. Click Send.

At the same time that the two sided Windows explorer opens up in your XP, you ll see a log in the W7, filling up with details about what you are transferring and when its over it tells you. I couldn't upload that picture on this post. I ll post it below.

Bo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.JPG (31.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 2.JPG (23.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 3.JPG (46.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 4.JPG (47.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 5.JPG (50.6 KB, 4 views)
bo.elam is offline   Reply With Quote