With the release of Windows 10 to the general public, there has been a flood of articles about the new operating system. I have sifted through dozens of these and come up with a list of ten that I think are particularly helpful in explaining what’s in Windows 10, whether you want it, and how to configure and use it.
General review and description
1. Windows 10 superguide: Everything you need to know
Extensive guide from PC World
2. Important Windows 10 Questions and Answers
Answers from Martin Brinkmann at gHacks
3. Microsoft Windows 10 review
Nate Ralph review at CNET
4. Windows 10 tour: The good, the bad, and the missing
Analysis by Windows expert Woody Leonhard
5. Windows 10 Review: Microsoft Takes a Step Back to Move Forward
A summary from consumer technology journalist Walt Mossberg
Installation and setup
6. The SuperSite Windows 10 How To Collection: From set-up to productivity
Slideshow with details of how to get Windows 10 up and running from Paul Thurrott
7. How to do a clean install of Windows 10 (from Windows 7 and 8)
If you prefer a clean install instead of a straight upgrade, here's how from Ars Technica
Tips and tricks
8. Windows 10: The best tricks, tips, and tweaks
Collection of tips from PC World
Security and privacy
9. 30 Ways Your Windows 10 Computer Phones Home to Microsoft
The How-To Geek explains the many ways that Windows 10 can collect information about you
10. Privacy and advertising in Windows 10: Both sides of the story
Woody Leonhard gives his take on privacy issues in Windows 10
And there you have it - articles to help with deciding what to do with Windows 10. A lot of articles have been written about Windows 10 and, if you have read one that you think is useful, let us know about it.
Get your own favorite tip published! Know a neat tech tip or trick? Then why not have it published here and receive full credit? Click here to tell us your tip.
This tips section is maintained by Vic Laurie. Vic runs several websites with Windows how-to's, guides, and tutorials, including a site for learning about Windows and the Internet and another with Windows 7 tips.
Please rate this article: